"Mom, grab a pen and write this down", my son said hurriedly, as I answered the phone. Thinking there was some emergency, my heart began to pound.
"What's wrong", I asked.
"Nothing. I just have the most amazing recipe that I just got from Mawmaw, my friend's grandmother. I want you to make it when I come home. It's awesome!" I giggled, in spite of myself, realizing that my son had inherited my sweet tooth. Turns out Mawmaw's recipe is spot on. I've converted it to nearly 100% organic with great success, and I believe you will be thanking me till the cows come home.....Is that the saying? I'm not really sure what it means, but here's the recipe:
Mawmaw's Eclair Cake, All Natural Style
- 1 box organic Graham Crackers
- 2 packages organic vanilla pudding, prepared and cooled in large bowl (place plastic on pudding to discourage a film)
- 1 10 oz. container Truwhip all natural whipped topping
- 1 box organic chocolate frosting mix, prepared
© copyright Carrie Boyko, all rights reserved
- Line the bottom of a 9 X 12 pan with graham crackers.
- Mix the pudding and Truwhip together completely.
- Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the top of the graham crackers and spread evenly.
- Layer the top with another lining of graham crackers.
- Cover this with the remaining pudding mixture.
- Place a final layer of graham crackers on top.
- Microwave the prepared frosting for 1 minute on high.
- Stir and pour evenly over the top.
- Cover securely and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve with spoon or fork.
(c) Carrie Boyko
Serves 12. Don't dally; it will be gone in a flash. This stuff is to die for. I'll take a bow now, but no credit. It's Mawmaw's recipe. Thank her!