Follow me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
(c) copyright Carrie Boyko
MM....mmm...Good Pound Cake
Today's news, leading up the Earth Day on April 22, seems to be all about pounds of carbon in our atmosphere. All this talk about pounds has me thinking about yummy organic pound cake! Here's my recipe:
- 3 Cups organic all purpose flour
- 3 Cups organic sugar
- 1/2 lb. organic butter
- 6 organic eggs
- 8 oz. organic sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon organic almond or vanilla (or both) flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar
- Mix in eggs well
- Stir in sour cream and flavoring
- Gently mix in dry ingredients until well-blended
- Bake 1 1/2 hours till toothpick comes out dry.
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 days before eating; this allows the flavors to blend for maximum taste.
Bet ya can't eat just one slice!