Follow me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
The requests have continued to hammer me. Please give us names….name your favorites; you get the idea. Lots of you have asked me to publish a list of favorite organic foods.
I’ve pondered this long and hard. I know the companies who are not represented on my list will be sad L . But it’s time to break the rules, as I said on New Kid on the Green Block. In categories where I have no personal preference, I’ll get input from people I know who do. Some areas may include more links than opinions, when necessary. I’ll do my best, though, to include favorites and tried-and-true products that real people like to eat. Here’s what I’ll be covering for you, in no particular order:
l. Organic pastas
2. Canned, organic soups and sauces
3. Fresh and frozen organic bread, pizza crusts, muffins, etc.
4. Organic sweeteners: sugar, agave, honey, Stevia, etc.
5. Organic dairy products
6. Meats, fresh and processed
7. The All-American Favorite: frozen pizza and fresh pizza ingredients
8. Organic bread machine mixes
9. Organic cereals: cold and hot
10. Packaged, organic seasonings and spices
11. Organic rice
12. Organic Wines and beers
13. Organic Peanut butter
14. Organic teas and coffees
15. Organic broth
16. Organic snack foods, salty and on the sweet side
17. Organic ready-made cookies
18. All natural gelatin mixes, flavored
19. Condiments: Organic salad dressings, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, etc.
20. Organic individual beverages
21. Gluten-free staples
22. Vegan and vegetarian meat substitutes (anybody want to volunteer to be my "official tester" here?)
Whew! That was quite a list. I’ve got my work cut out for me. Any suggestions? If you’d like to request another category, write to me at CarrieLeaJohnson@gmail.com, or leave me a comment below the post at the comment link. I’ll be thrilled to receive your ideas and opinions. Get those comments flowing folks, and watch for this logo to flag this series: