This pizza was the hit of a recent family gathering. I made several different types, but sweet peppers and onions were the winners. I have to admit, the flavors are perfectly blended. Even the kids enjoyed this--the ones that used to say "Yuck! Onions!" So, I guess it has earned a post on my blog:
Carrie's House Special
Organic Pizza with Sweet Peppers and Onions
- Organic pizza crust (we like the Whole Foods store brand)
- Organic olive oil
- Sea salt and organic pepper
- Organic Pasta Sauce (I use Walnut Acres Garlic, Garlic, Garlic)
- Organic Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1/2 small-medium sized Organic Yellow Onion (for a medium pizza)
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Chopped Organic Sweet Peppers: Red, Yellow and Orange (for a medium pizza)
- Preheat the oven according to crust package directions.
This is the pizza pan i use now. My old one, without holes, always gave me a softer crust; we like the crisper version much better.