With a little inspiration, I've begun dabbling in gluten-free cooking. What better place to start than dessert, right?! This recipe was passed along verbally from a new friend, with only a guess at the time and temperature, but my version turned out just fine.
These peanut butter cookies are super easy to make, with only 3 ingredients. You can make them and clean up, all in 30 minutes. Check it out:
- 1 Cup Organic Peanut Butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Organic Sugar
- 1 Organic Egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the egg and sugar together, blending thoroughly with a fork.
- Now stir in the peanut butter, mixing until evenly blended.
- Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets, about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. These cookies will not melt down, but retain most of their shape. They will appear dry looking when done.
- Cool on a rack.
You won't miss the flour in these cookies, and of course, not the extra carbs from it either.
Have you got a favorite gluten-free recipe you'd like to share. I'd love to hear from you. Click the comment button below and tell me about it. Or simply send the recipe to me in an email at CarrieLeaJohnson@gmail.com . I look forward to hearing from you.