Why is it that men are so attached to meat and potatoes? I haven't answered that question, but this recipe will most certainly satisfy the men in your family. It is actually a modified creation of a meal my son, Brent, experienced while interning in London last summer. Thanks Eugene!
The rich, garlic flavor, tangy onions and spicy Chorizo combine with the potatoes and seasonings for a very flavorful, and budget-cutting dinner.
- 1 package of All-Natural Chorizo (I found it at Whole Foods Market)
- 4-6 medium Organic Potatoes
- 1 1/2-2 medium Organic Yellow Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Garlic Infused Oil (see my instructions below for preparing this yourself)
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Organic Garlic
- 1-1 1/2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 Teaspoon Organic Black Pepper
- To create your own garlic infused oil, start by mincing at least a couple of heads of garlic and place them in a small glass container. Pour enough Organic Olive Oil over the minced garlic to cover it completely. Cover tightly and refrigerate to marinate the oil. I use this for so many recipes, that I keep the container filled at all times.
- Slice each Chorizo sausage longways and then slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Chop onion.
- At this point, place the oil and garlic in a large sauce pan and turn on medium heat.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small bites.
- Place remaining ingredients in the pan. Season and stir. Do not cover.
- After about 10 minutes, stir and turn the mixture.
- Check again every 5-10 minutes until potatoes are tender and have become crispy brown on the edges.
- Serves 5-7
This dinner is packed with flavor, so pair it with a green or fruit salad to balance the flavors. Enjoy!
Monday I will be passing along some tips on speeding up your compost pile. Mine is crawling along like a turtle, so I finally decided to take some action--minimal, but nevertheless, action.