Don't forget the carrots for the Reindeer!
Santa will enjoy a plate of these beauties also, and don't forget a small glass of yummy organic milk and a few organic carrots for the reindeer. They have a long night ahead and need their energy.
Organic Pecan Crescent Holiday Cookies (makes 2 dozen)
- 1 Cup Organic Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar for recipe
- 2 Cups Organic Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Organic Vanilla
- 2 Cups Organic (or all natural) Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add vanilla and 1 Tablespoon filtered water.
- Gradually add flour.
- Fold in nuts, mixing carefully and evenly.
- Break off small pieces of dough and shape into oblong crescents.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until bottom edges begin to show light golden brown.
- Remove trays to cooling racks.
- Gently place cookies on thick layers of newspaper for cooling. The newspaper absorbs excess fat and keeps the bottom of the cookies crisp. Dust liberally with powdered sugar.
Newspaper is a wonderful medium for cooling all of your cookies after baking. It will save you having to collect lots of cooling racks, and reuses newspaper. You can still recycle the paper afterwards. Place another tick mark on your "I did something green today" tab. Good job. Enjoy your reward.
If you're looking for more organic cookies, check out my oatmeal raisin cookie recipe at this link.
Stop in Monday for a great french toast recipe that you can make ahead. This is the perfect breakfast recipe for those mornings when you have company and want to spend your time with them, not your kitchen stove.