- 4 medium organic potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 good sized head of organic garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 quarts organic chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pepper
- 1/4 cup organic milk
- Place chicken broth in pot.
- Add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer.
- The time will depend on the size of your cubes, so check them in 10 minutes and again every 5. Remove from heat when potatoes fall apart when stabbed with a fork.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Mash with 1/4 cup organic milk added to improve consistency.
- Serves about 4 people. Double up for larger groups.
The secret seems to be the chicken broth. When I made them without it, the flavor was hardly noticeable, so don't shortchange on this ingredient.
I'll be making sweet potatoes on Thursday and Cranberry Gelatin mold on Tuesday the 25th, so I've got your Thanksgiving preparation all wrapped up. Turkey is next Wednesday. See you then.