Monday, November 3, 2008
Envelopes with plastic windows in them; I hate them! Why? I can't compost them because of a 1 1/2" x 4" piece of plastic. This photo above is a mere one week's worth of windowed envelopes that I cannot compost.
Kudos to the company who started making their windows with waxed paper, like the one pictured below:
And even more thank yous to the companies who use them. Get the word out at work, folks. You'll be doing a good thing for the Earth if you could each get your employer to use envelopes with waxed paper windows instead of plastic. Go get 'em!
Join me tomorrow for a short discussion on fiber, or more accurately, the lack of it in Halloween candy, and how to counteract that problem at this time of year. After that little side trip, I'll be over Halloween and on to Thanksgiving. We'll be talking a lot about good cooking in this month's posts, so keep checking in. I'll have my Thanksgiving menu and shopping list posted on Tuesday, November 11, for those of you who are looking for some ideas to green up your Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaking of Thanksgiving dinner, if your kids are like mine were, they love apple sauce. My recipe for homemade organic applesauce is just posted on Blake Bakes, where I am the organic baker of the group. I hope you will stop by to check it out, and see what other goodies are there for the baking. Warm, homemade Applesauce is yummy with ham on Thanksgiving, so keep it in mind when you're planning your menu.
Links to My Guest Postings on Other Blogs
- Greening Up Your Picnic is Easier than Ever
- Saving Gasoline without Walking
- Can You Pick the Eco-friendly Packaging?
- The Only Answer to Cancer: A Book Review
- Salvaging Your Over Ripe Fruit: 8 Ways to Use it Now
- Living Like Ed: A Book Review
- Old Fashioned Organic Brownies
- Ecodater: Green Singles take a Doggie Date
- Ecospheric Blog's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Book Review
- Just Say No to Overloading our Landfills
- Green Family Fun: Let's Visit the Dog Park, Part III
- Green Family Fun: Let's Visit the Dog Park, Part II
- Green Family Fun: Let's Visit the Dog Park, Part I
- Try a Greener Dry Cleaner at Central Florida Green Guide
- Hoover's Essential Health Market--A Hidden Gem
- Benefits of Eating Organic #1
- Benefits of Eating Organic #2
- Benefits of Eating Organic #3
- Benefits of Eating Organic #4
- Benefits of Eating Organic #5