- 2 cups Organic Peanut Butter, slightly warmed
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Organic Honey
- 1/3 cup Organic Nonfat Powdered Milk
Using a blender or mixer, add honey first, then peanut butter, mixing until consistent. Using a soup spoon, make golf ball sized peanut butter balls and roll in powdered milk. Refrigerate in a shallow covered container, or separate layers with waxed paper, parchment, plastic wrap or foil. Once chilled, they will be firm and ready to pack into lunches as a delightful surprise snack, or even a few of them for a "main course".
If you would like to reduce the fat content, pour off the oil that accumulates on top of the peanut butter, before warming it. Another option, for those who are lactose intolerant, is to pass on the dairy by skipping the powdered milk. They will still be fine.
If you are visiting here for the first time and would like to see other back to school lunch posts, try these:
- Green Up Your Back to School Lunches with Creative Choices
- Thursday's Green Tip-toe: Bento Boxes Meet Target
- Homemade Organic Apple Sauce
- Organic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, at Blake Bakes
During the upcoming week I plan to divert my attention away from lunches for a bit and bring you some more variety here. I'll be talking about food additives, ADHD, children and dogs (green ones, of course!). Sounds like a great combination, huh? I hope you'll join me for some interesting topics, and most of all, please COMMENT below. Thanks!