About a year ago I read a book called THE HUNDRED YEAR LIE: How to Protect Yourself from the Chemicals That are Destroying Your Health, by Randall Fitzgerald. This well-researched, informative book is available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Books-a-Million, and was a major wakeup call for me. It is an easy, yet startling read which will open your eyes to the dangers in your foods and personal care products. I immediately began transitioning to organic, all-natural, earth-friendly foods and products. In upcoming posts, I will share with you some of the major reasons why you might consider changing to organic and green products also. As I have shared my experiences with friends and family they often ask many questions and are interested in learning how to get started integrating organics and green products into their own lives. My written journey will chronicle the experience of moving my family toward a lifestyle that will protect our health and our Earth.
I would love to hear your questions, thoughts and ideas. What would you like to know or better understand? What obstacles do you need to overcome? This will be a major focus of many posts. Sourcing, too, will be important to getting started. As I have worked my way through many of these early challenges, I will share some of my solutions and ideas for helping you take those first steps. In this, I hope to develop a dialogue with you so I can help you solve your problems, work through your frustrations, and stay with your goal.
Here I will talk about products, services, toxins, green resource organizations, cleaning products, personal care products, and much more. Hopefully, together we will build a network of support for one another with our dialogue. Like-minded folks like us can help each other stay on track, sort of like those support groups on e-diets. That is one of the goals of OrganicJourneyOnline, so I invite you to comment often. I'll answer; I promise.
I trust I will learn as much from you as you learn from my blog. If you find my resources helpful, please send OrganicJourneyOnline to your friends and family. With your help and support, I'll be able to do more; it's good karma. I hope you will join me in my journey.
Final Note: Each comment you leave will put you in a monthly drawing for a free cloth shopping bag to get you started. Let the dialogue begin!
Links to My Guest Postings on Other Blogs
- Greening Up Your Picnic is Easier than Ever
- Saving Gasoline without Walking
- Can You Pick the Eco-friendly Packaging?
- The Only Answer to Cancer: A Book Review
- Salvaging Your Over Ripe Fruit: 8 Ways to Use it Now
- Living Like Ed: A Book Review
- Old Fashioned Organic Brownies
- Ecodater: Green Singles take a Doggie Date
- Ecospheric Blog's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Book Review
- Just Say No to Overloading our Landfills
- Green Family Fun: Let's Visit the Dog Park, Part III
- Green Family Fun: Let's Visit the Dog Park, Part II
- Green Family Fun: Let's Visit the Dog Park, Part I
- Try a Greener Dry Cleaner at Central Florida Green Guide
- Hoover's Essential Health Market--A Hidden Gem
- Benefits of Eating Organic #1
- Benefits of Eating Organic #2
- Benefits of Eating Organic #3
- Benefits of Eating Organic #4
- Benefits of Eating Organic #5